Easy ways to pay! - You can pay with Afterpay with 4 fortnightly interest-free payments - sign up here.
with Laybuy - 6 weekly interest-free weekly payments. Sign up here,
We have been expanding our Railway stock. Now in are PIKO Rail tracks, switches and switch motors. If there is anything else you would like to see in our shop, please let us know!
Also Woodlands Scenics landscape, ballast and ground cover, modular lighting, weathering sets as well as Educational kits for the kids and big kids.
We also have in stock the Testors Model Masters Car and Truck Enamels, a brilliant range of beautiful colours for your models. This complements the Testors Model Masters Federal Standard Enamels range for the military models.
More Plastruct shapes and Barnes Rubber and Resin. Some of the Plastruct you will not find on sale anywhere else in Australia.
Also available is a range of cast resin accessories that Russ has made up to suit a variety of Naval Vessels, including Weapon Systems and Fitting and Resin Parts for Aircraft.
View photos here
High quality model supplies
Your one stop shop for online model supplies in Australia! Kits, paints, plastics, moulding materials, cast parts, glues, metals, balsa. Specialising in kits of Australian military hardware (although we can get others in for you too, just ask!) as well as model train landscape materials. Our physical shop is situated at 84 Bridge St, Uralla 2358, in the New England Region of NSW. (Open every day except Tues and Wed).
New or Back in stock Kits
New or Back in stock
Tools and Tape
For the other half :)
Defence Model Supplies is a husband and wife team, and while the hobby supplies are for the lads mainly, we also cater to the ladies! Check out the following products:
Military and RSL NSW products
We are proud to be able to provide nametags, banners and other merchandise for RSL NSW, see below.
Model Supplies as recommended by an experienced professional model maker
Welcome to our online shop. We have been asked for a long time to retail the model supplies that Russ uses in his fine models, and finally, here they are. All model supplies are endorsed by Russ, the longtime expert and professional model maker, as being product he has used, in many cases, for several decades, and everything listed here stands up to the rigor of his constant use.
If you can't find something in particular in our online shop, drop us a line and we will most likely be able to source it for you.
We have been asked to hold classes on a variety of techniques. Sign up to go on the waiting list for classes here!
Subscribe to our newsletter
Keep up to date with what is going on in our shop, sign up here.
payment by Afterpay in 4 fortnightly interest free payments, sign up here.
Now offering payment by Laybuy - 6 weekly interest free payments, sign up here.
Plastic Model Kits, all require glue and paint unless otherwise specified.
Model Kits Australia
Buy Unique Model Kits in Australia
Buying model kits in Australia for your kids, or are you the one who enjoys building model planes and ships? We have a passion for building models, and you won’t find our uniquely made items and advice anywhere else.
What to Expect from New England Models and Hobbies Regarding Model Kits
People start building models as a hobby for many reasons. A keen interest in the Air Force, aircraft or a specific era and models, or nostalgia of their grandpa having flown a bomber or a fighter plane in WWII are only some of them. Whatever your reason, we have all accessories and more when you’re looking to buy model kits online.
- Passion. When you buy models from us, you will get our years of experience building models as well. We know which products are the best to use and we only sell those to you.
- Options. We have a physical store in Uralla, where you can view the models, and we can also advise you on what will work best to suit your needs. Alternatively, you can also shop from our online store with easy to navigate categories so you can easily find what you need.
- Extras. You will find all the paints and tools you need for completing your model to give it a professional look and reproduce the real thing.
We love reliving our experience in the Defence Force through the models and our in-depth knowledge about the details, and the colours of the aircraft and other models are a bonus when you buy model kits and wish to create an authentic replica of your favourite craft.
Other Products we Provide to Model Kits
You will always get the best service and products when you buy model kits from us, as we know which kits are better quality, are easy to assemble and which brands we prefer after 20 years of building models. We also offer accessories that you will need once your model is complete:
- Brushes and paint. The first things you will need after you have completed your model would be brushes and paint. We stock a variety of brush sizes you will need for the extra fine paintwork.
- Crafting knives. For precision work and to satisfy any OCD tendencies, you would want to cut off any excess fragments or pieces of the model that are out of place. We offer cutting mats, tools and knives for a precision finish.
- Parts: We stock extra parts for the ships and aeroplanes in case you lose them or wish to personalise your models further. These include deck hatches, domes, hull parts and LED nano lights.
Whether you buy model kits to spend time with your kids or develop their fine motor skills, we would love to assist you and share our knowledge and passion for models with you.
About New England Models and Hobbies
Our husband and wife team both served in the Defence force, and they know their models and specs. Their passion for models led them to discover that building these models can take you back down memory lane and has even proven to help soldiers with PTSD. We offer secure AfterPay or Laybuy options so you can immediately start building while you pay off your purchase.
Contact us if you have any questions or need advice.